Complementary Therapies provided by St Francis Hospice are massage, aromatherapy, reflexology, Indian head massage and M-Technique. All these therapies are used alongside conventional medicine to treat patients. Our staff are experienced in treating patients with various illnesses.
- Gentle movement over the skin and muscles which allows the body tissues to let go of tension and strain.
- The use of essential oils in treatments to improve physical and emotional well-being.
- A technique that uses pressure point massage usually on the feet or hands to help restore balance in the body.
- Indian Head Massage
- A gentle massage of the head, face, neck and shoulders which can help relieve fatigue and stress and induce a feeling of calm. Essential oils may or may not be used.
- A series of very gentle stroking movements at a set sequence, pressure and pace. It is different from conventional massage and may be suitable when massage is inappropriate.